Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July!

We had an awesome 4th of July! My mom got us up in the morning around 5:30 and we went to the balloon show in Provo. For those of you that have never been, it's really fun! There are lots of different balloons that participate, and they throw beanie bags from in the air and try to hit the targets on the ground to earn points. There are also little balloons that they try to pop. Our family goes almost every year and we love it! Unfortunately, my dad had to work that night, so he couldn't come with us like he usually does. Here are some pictures of the hot-air balloons..

Tony the Tiger was our favorite.



It's tradition in our family that on the 4th of July everyone comes over to our house, and we have a big BBQ and then we watch the Thanksgiving Point fireworks from our backyard. So after the balloons, we came home and got the house ready. My dad had to work this year, so he helped as much as he could before he had to leave. We had so much fun spending time with each other, and it was great to see all of the cousins!


Me with my cousin Allison, and my cousin Tanner hanging on the tetherball pole while Devin tries to shake him off...
Everyone loved playing tetherball even though a few people got hit in the head!
We had a few basketball games over at the park.
The homemade ice cream was fantastic! We had vanilla with lots of different toppings to put on top, and they even made vanilla-bean with real vanilla-beans that my aunt Carillisa brought back from Seattle!


Meet Jesse... He is so cute!! My cousin Gavin had him laughing so hard, and everyone thought it was hilarious!

Meet Lincoln... This is my cousin Amber's little boy, and he was so much fun! He would pull the cutest little faces, and he loved the fireworks!

Watching the fireworks--- At the top left is my cousin Tanner. He was trying to hide the fact that he was eating chips at 10:00 at night. He leaned over to me and said, "I'm not supposed to eat chips at 10:00." I said, "Well you are..." And it was hilarious, because then he looked at me and said, "Could you keep it down!"

Jesse looked so cute in his pj's! His dad would yell, "BOOM!" during the fireworks and he would laugh so hard! (picture on the top right.)

The fireworks were great! I Can't wait till next year!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Brianna !! Great pictures! It looks like you all had a great time. thank you for sharing I miss everyone - its so nice to see eveyone so happy. did I say love the hair :)
Love you more!

amberandlandon said...

That was a fun night! Poor Mathew and Tanner...I felt so bad for them getting hit MULTIPLE times haha. Good thing they are good sports. Cute pictures. :)

Tara said...

I like the collages. You'll have to tell me how you did it when I get home. Good work Brianna!