Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Getting caught up!

Wow! Wow! Wow! So many things have happened lately! Some are absolutely and totally exciting! And then some are, well, not so exciting. Our computer wasn't working for a while, so now I'm going to try to catch everybody up on everything!

First, I should probably mention that.... MY VOLLEYBALL TEAM WON THE TOURNAMENT!!!! AND WE WENT UNDEFEATED THE WHOLE SEASON!!! It was so awesome and crazy, and completely intense! More than once the game was in my hands when I was serving! If I missed one serve, than we lost. But no fear! I was able to pull through, and my team did an amazing job, too! (I guess I should specify that this is my city team that I'm talking about.) Afterward, we had a super fun team party to celebrate, complete with pizza and some very yummy ice cream cake! We also each got a cd with pictures of the team on it.

This next one would fall under the "not so exciting" category. My camera decided to be stupid, and not work anymore! It turned on, then would not turn off. The lens was out, and was completely stuck, refusing not to go back in. This was especially irritating because I was supposed to take lots of pictures for the yearbook at school in 2 days when this happened. I wasn't as worried as I should have been, because when my dad bought the camera, he also purchased a one year replacement plan. He bought it last November, so we were safe. Or so we thought. He took me to Walmart, and it was a huge pain. We showed them the receipt, along with the camera and everything that came with it. They kept telling us that we should have gotten a pamphlet (which we didn't) and that would show us what to do. We ended up speaking to the assistant manager of the store, and he helped us. We went back to find a camera to replace mine, and they were completely out! After another round of what we went through before, we were able to get our money back on an in-store-credit card. I still haven't had to chance to get a new one, so that's the reason for the lack of pictures.

Next on my list....... Halloween was lots of fun! Jennifer dressed up as a mouse complete with a nose, ears, and a tail. I was a mime, and I loved it! I tried to go without talking at school, since mimes don't talk, but I gave up after 2nd period! I went trick-or-treating with my friend Olga over in her neighborhood, and my mom went around with Jennifer. We did get a picture or two of our costumes on my dad's camera, but I'll have to post those later.

And the latest, most exciting news of all......... drum roll!.............. Bryce and I both made our school basketball teams! Tryouts were last week, and mine were at 6:00AM! And that's when practice is every morning, too! Our first game is on the 24th, so we've been working really hard to get ready. I knew that we'd be doing a ton of running, but it's been wearing me out completely! I've been losing too much sleep, so I haven't been feeling well for the past 3 days! But I'm still really excited to be on the team!

I think that's about it, but if something else happens, then I'll be sure to fill everybody in!

1 comment:

Tara said...

Bummer about the camera, Brianna, but way to stick it out until you got results at Walmart. Good luck with the basketball, and hey, GET SOME SLEEP!!